PROGRAMS & PROJECTS.
At Kera's Helping Hands. we have a number of programs in place to feed, support, and assist the citizens of Atlanta, GA, We ask that you offer your helping hands in one of a few ways- volunteering, donating, or sharing.
We are working diligently to be able to transport individuals to their social service and health appointments. Some of whom cannot receive these services without our help.
Feed the Streets
Once a month, we feed the homeless a hot meal as well as provide boxed food to the citizens of Atlanta every Tuesday and Thursday. 50 people per week- 100 boxes a week, 400 boxes a month, 4080 boxes a year
Our newest program assists individuals with getting in the workforce as well as those looking to get back to work.
WORK FORCE PROGRAM.
• Students will learn how to assess their own skills, strengths, and weaknesses
• They will identify their interests, values, and career goals
• They will practice effective communication and teamwork skills
• Students will learn about budgeting, credit, and personal finance
• They will learn how to manage their money effectively and save for the future
• They will learn about the importance of good credit and how to build it
• Students will learn how to write a professional resume
• They will identify key elements of a resume, including objective statement, education, work experience, and skills
• They will receive feedback on their resume and revise it accordingly
Workplace Ethics and Professionalism
• Students will learn about workplace expectations and professional behavior
• They will learn how to work collaboratively with coworkers and supervisors
• They will learn about the importance of punctuality, reliability, and accountability in the workplace
Job Search Strategies
• Students will learn how to find job openings that match their skills and interests
• They will learn how to network and make connections in the job market
• They will learn how to prepare for and conduct a successful job interview
Job Shadowing and Internships
• Students will have the opportunity to shadow professionals in their field of interest
• They will learn about the day-to-day tasks and responsibilities of their desired job
• They will have the opportunity to participate in an internship or job shadowing experience to gain hands-on experience in their desired field.